Thursday, March 5, 2009

iPod People

Ok so i'm usually the first person in my family to get any kind of cool looking gadget, largly because my family isn't realy hip on cool toys. I was the first to advocate the SNES in my family, new computers, trampolines ect all master planned by myself. Now of all my toys i've owned over the years I think my most cherished ones have been my iPods, yes with an s, there have been several.



I got my first iPod while on my Mission, crazy I know, but an old companion and I started a habbit of saving 100 of our 140 a month and "living on faith". Every month on "pay day" we'd stick 100 into an envelope and seal it up and toss it in our suit case to be forgotten. Well it came to be about 3 months before I was to go home and I had around 800 dollars saved up. I'd managed to get every companion I had since then to also save the money, so when one day my companion turns to me and says "Elder I have 300 dollars I want an iPod" who was I to deny him, seeing as i'd never had one and it seemed like the right thing to do with the money i'd saved we went down on the next P-Day to Best Buy and wam bam thank you mam, we were iPod People. Now having an iPod as a missionary is a novel experiance, especially when it can play brick out and tetris, we were kings! We were able to find a nice member in the ward willing to spend about an hour or two ripping out entire missionary music collection and helping us get it onto our iPods.



Fast forward a year. So after a year or so and being home and my Ipod getting slightly abused over time, I went to Cyndi's house over night for some sort of family function. I happened to leave my iPod in my car, not out in the open mind you but in the glove compartment under some junk as I usually did. I went to leave the next day...and my iPod was gone. It was my own fault for not locking the car but still, that sucked.



One month later I decide its time to reinvest, this time in a shiny new black one, boo-ya! It worked and it worked well, by the time I was done with it it had scratches and marks all over it. However all was not pretty in the park, I was at the gym one night and set it in the little neat containers they have(not a cup one) I wasn't using it that night because I was watching somthing on the TV, well i got done running and pulled my iPod out, and only then relized that my container was full of about 3 inches of water...thanks Golds Gym, of course I set it condustor side down. It never worked right since, half the time it would eat the battery in about 30 min and some times it would go into diagnostic mode and not want to leave...for like a month. It was bad news bears. I managed to sell it though for abotu 50 bucks, towards the end when I cleaned out the head and it worked pretty well.



Now just this last christmas I upgraded to the newest and quit possibly the greatest iPod ever, the iTouch. Life is pretty sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment