Thursday, January 22, 2009

The king of Risk!


So I havn't played a game of Risk since my mission. Risk to many means many things, to some it's an intolerably long game that gets old quickly, to others it's a brilliant time of tactics and strategy. When we played on my mission I remember games taking up to 4 hours and mission companions cursing each other out and at rare times some almost violent confrntations. Few games in our life have this kind of power.


Treaties and sackstabbing, thats the name of the game it seems. So last night my roomate Alex brings home his Lord of the Rings Risk, so we get a group of 4 of us to set down and get ready for some hardcore middle earth action(now with more hobbits). The players are myself, my roomates Drew and Kevin, and our token female presence Natalie. Now LOTR Risk is played diferant than regular risk what with heros and capital cities, all of which give you a +1 to your dice rolls.


As it goes Kevin and I draw the evil and Drew and Natalie end up and the sissy elves. Now the game isn't supposed to be played 2v2 but thats how it ended up. We started at 8 pm and finished around 2:30 am, A continous back and forth battle that finally ended when we broke Drew's stronghold in sothern Middle Earth while I held off natalies eagle battalion's in Moria so as to cut off her ability to reinforce and releive pressure on Drew beseiged forces.


Eventually in a last ditch effort Natalie back doors Kevin by taking out 3 strongholds in Mordor and bunkering down, it wasn't a winning strategy but it bought her several more turns while we finished mopping up drews forces and taking his cards for instant force turn ins!


Eventually Natalie was routed from our home land and the game was won...finally.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel like a bigger geek for just reading that.

    I'm off to go do something cool now to restore the delicate balance.

    ReplyDelete