Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hail to the Chef


So I'm not so hot at cooking, I can cook but I dont really appreciate it like I should. Last friday we decided we were going to make sugar cookies, more specifically Dinosaur cookies! We had all the stuff we needed dough, icing, sprinkles and people, all we were missing was the cutters. So off we go to Wal-Mart. Now being at a young and impressionable age I thought we could simply go to Wal-Mart, pick up the cutters and be on our way. I was mistaken.


Now i'm a fairly level headed person, I can figure most problems out with minimal effort on my own, however we couldn't find the damned cutters anywhere in the store! We looked everywhere, we finally had to track down a blue-vested helper man to track them down for us. Where were they? snuggled inbetween the crotchet needles and the scrapbooking supplies....wtf? Our biggest oversight was the time of year, with only 3 weeks till V-day the only selection available was assorted hearts and cupids. Downtrodden at the thought of not being able to make our dinosaur cookies we grabbed teh value pack of hearts and left.


We decided to make the best of the situation and make convesation heart cookies, so with home made frosting and sprinkles in hand we went to work. Now we arn't the greatest artists nor did we have the longest attention span, and i'm pretty sure an entire tube thingy of sprinkles ended up on the floor at some point, but through blood sweat and tears we finally made ourselves some fine looking cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Does "we" mean you and Life-Parner-Drew? Or were there actual females involved. PLEASE tell me you got a hankering to make sugar cookies with girls somehow involved or I really WILL start to worry about you and Life-Partner-Drew.

    BTW- writing or saying "WTF" is NOT cool.

    Mak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap- Does Life-Partner-Drew know I call him Life-Partner-Drew? Sorry Drew :) It is more making fun of my chick-less bro than you :) I'd trade you for him any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me guess, you did the "POO" cookie? Wouldn't surprise me. I'm sorry I left and wasn't able to supervise your attempt at baking. I hope not too many cookies burnt in vain. They're not "life partners," they're just friends with benefits. LOL ha!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually the "STD" and "Do Me" ones were my creations.

    ReplyDelete