Thursday, February 19, 2009

All we want to do is eat your brains...


Ok so i'm a nerd, and any of my readers can attest to that fact. I've in the last 7 months or so become extremely interested in all things to do with Zombies. It stareted when I first read the book The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=bxgy_cc_b_img_a

Which lead me to reading World War Z, which is pretty much the like the Bible to zombie fans, both are by Max Brooks (Mel Brooks' son). Both are written in such a calm clear way that when you're done you'll start looking around at the places you live and work and think "Just how can I make this more zombie proof." I absolutely recomend both books if you want a compeling read.

As far as movies go its hard to sift through the trash and come out with gems worth your time. You of course have classic's like Dawn of the Dead to always fall back on. If you want somthing more comedy related there is Shaun of the Dead. Some of my all time favorite movies are 28 Days later and 28 Weeks later, both fantastic zombie movies. Resident Evil is cheesy and lame but worth a watch if you can catch it.

I picked up a copy of Left 4 Dead on my xbox and its amazing, its a post zombie war survival game, run and gun and survive really fantastic if you dig shooting zombies(dont we all?) I'd love to get some good suggestions from any one on any thing Zombie related that might be worth my time. I am pretty snobby when it comes to the horor genres I choose to bring into my life, so any old zombie movie wont do it needs to be really really good.

Funny song about zombies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyQApuQG8SE Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. How about "Fido." Loved that one. Shawn OTD is a funny one, too. Don't like the really creepy ones at all. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The creepier the better, I just watch Quarantine tonight, it's super creepy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would like zombies! In fact, if there was a class 5 outbreak Brad would be the leader in the extermination party and of course I would go right along with him. We have proven we are accurate enough with a gun, but we have doubts about our friend Drew. Granted, he was getting better by the time we were leaving. Jeff would also be a prime candidate for our hunting party mainly because if his extensive knowledge of weaponry in all forms.

    It's true, once you've read that book you look at place much differently. Because you never know when zombies will attack!

    ReplyDelete